Go to the new Buckinghamshire Council website

Toggle menu

Coronavirus support and information

Local information on coronavirus including service changes, business support, how to get help and vaccinations.

Housing and relationship breakdown

What are my rights?

If your relationship breaks down you may have rights to remain in your own home even if you are not the tenant or the owner. You may even be able to get the property transferred into your name. What rights you have will depend upon the relationship you were in, the type of occupancy you and your partner had and your personal circumstances.