Setting up a Direct Debit to pay your Council Tax or Business Rates couldn't be easier. You can set up a Direct Debit on-line or over the telephone.
All the normal Direct Debit safeguards and guarantees apply:
- Changes in the amount, date or frequency will only be made by giving you at least 14 working days notice before your account is debited.
- In the event of any error, you can have an immediate refund from your bank or building society.
- You have the right to cancel a Direct Debit instruction at any time simply by writing to your bank or building society, with a copy to us.
In order to set up your Direct Debit instruction on-line, or by telephone, you will need to give us your bank or building society name and account number, sort code and branch address (you can find all these details in your cheque book or on your bank statement).
- If this is your own personal account continue with the set up procedure
- If you prefer to set up your Direct Debit over the telephone, please ring 01494 732077
- If you are not the account holder, a paper Direct Debit instruction will be sent for completion.
Direct Debit form
Alternatively you can print off your on-screen Direct Debit instruction and either:
- Scan and email to email@example.com
- Post it to us at:
Chiltern District Council
King George V Road
If you are unable to print the form, please e-mail the Revenues section at firstname.lastname@example.org