Online planning applications Terms and Conditions
Online planning applications Terms and Conditions:
- The online planning history contained within the site is incomplete and must not be used as a substitute for carrying out a formal 'Land Charge Search'. No responsibility will be taken for any errors or omissions in the planning history information obtained from Public Access;
- The information contained within Public Access does not constitute in any way a formal notification of a planning decision, and as such any actions taken as a result of information displayed on the site are undertaken entirely at the viewer's own risk;
- Please note that documents normally available to view through Public Access include the following: application forms; drawings; supporting documents. Officer's reports are also available, but normally only after the decision is made - however planning committee agendas are available 5 working days prior to the meeting on the Council and Democracy section of the Council website. Delegated reports are not available prior to the decision.
- All representations made by members of the public, and responses from Consultees, are also available to view online and at the Council Offices. We will endeavour not to publish signatures and telephone numbers.
The PublicAccess website is owned and operated by the Council. Set out below are the terms and conditions which, together with any legal notices displayed elsewhere on PublicAccess, represent all the terms and conditions on which we will provide you with access to the datasets created by Local Government Information House Limited (the "National Datasets") and/or the datasets compiled and maintained by the Council (the "Authority Datasets") associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Your continued use of PublicAccess indicates your acceptance to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please cease using PublicAccess.
The terms and conditions for this licence agreement are as follows:
- The National and/or Authority datasets are associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Information displayed throughout PublicAccess is extracted from a copyright work owned by the Local Government Information House Limited and the Council.
- A single screen print of the results of a search of the National and/or Authority datasets is permitted for your own use.
- You may not extract or re-utilise information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets and/or any copies of such information (whether electronic or in hard copy format) for any commercial or business purpose including but not limited to, trading, building commercial databases, reselling or redistribution of such information.
- You are not permitted to modify, adapt, arrange, alter, adjust or make any additions to any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets, nor are you permitted to combine such information with other mapping, data or other information, including for the avoidance of doubt, other such information derived from PublicAccess.
- Save as permitted by paragraph 2 above, the reproduction, copying, downloading, storage, recording, broadcasting, retransmission, distribution, decompilation, reverse-engineering or disassembly of any part of PublicAccess is not permitted without our prior written consent.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets is not made available, either in electronic unencrypted form or in hard copy format, to any third party that may attempt to use the map in contravention of these terms and conditions.
- You must inform us immediately if you become aware of a third party using information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets in contravention of these terms and conditions or of any infringement of trade marks located on PublicAccess.
- We shall have no liability to any person or organisation in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from the use of the information contained on PublicAccess.
- We take every reasonable effort to ensure that information contained on PublicAccess is as accurate as possible. However, the services featured on PublicAccess are provided "as is", and all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded. We shall not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expense or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with your use of PublicAccess
The Council seeks to comply with all statutory requirements including the Data Protection Act (1998) in all its transactions. All comments received will form part of a public document which will be available for public inspection, therefore do not supply details you do not want published. All comments will be scanned onto the application file and be available for public viewing. We will use our best endeavours to ensure that signatures, telephone numbers and personal email addresses will not be published.
The Council seeks to ensure that the information it publishes on its web site is up to date and accurate. However, the information on the web site does not constitute legal or professional advice and the Council cannot accept any liability for any loss arising in any way whatsoever out of the use of its site. The Council cannot be held responsible for the data policies, procedures or contents of any pages references by an external link from its site.
Plans, drawings and material submitted to the Council are protected by the Copyright Acts (Section 47, 1988 Act). You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
Please note that any comments made, including personal details submitted, will be seen by Councillors, the applicant, members of the public, and will be published on the Council's web site. We will endeavour not to publish signatures and telephone numbers