Go to the new Buckinghamshire Council website

Toggle menu

Coronavirus support and information

Local information on coronavirus including service changes, business support, how to get help and vaccinations.



If you think that you may be at risk of losing your accommodation or currently have nowhere to live, you should complete our self-referral portal.

The first thing you must do if you are homeless or threatened with homelessness, is to get advice from the Council or one of its partner agencies to prevent you becoming homeless or to help you find somewhere else to live. This can include:

  • Mediation to resolve family disputes
  • Advice on landlord and tenant issues ( including negotiations with landlords to tackle tenancy problems and prevent evictions)
  • Help with managing debts and accessing benefits
  • Use of a Homelessness Prevention Fund to make one-off payments to help you keep your housing or find somewhere else.
  • Help in finding alternative accommodation in the private sector (including the Council's Rent Deposit Guarantee Scheme).

It is important for you to get advice as early as possible to give you time to explore the housing options available to you, some of which you may not be aware of. Even if you are homeless immediately, options may still be available to you and you should get advice as soon as possible.

Who should I contact for advice and assistance?

Advice Agencies

A Housing Options Advisor is available at Buckinghamshire Council - Chiltern Area office, from Monday to Thursday between 9.00am and 5.00pm and on Friday between 9.00am and 4.30pm. If possible, you should ring the Council in advance to make an appointment.

Contact Us

Housing for young people aged 16 - 25

Housing Interaction Trust provides housing advice and support to young people aged 16-25 years old. They can be contacted on 01494 792870.

Assistance with housing, benefits and debt advice

Chiltern Citizens Advice Bureau provides a range of advice and support, including housing assistance and benefits and debt advice. They can be contacted on 0845 092 0137

P3 Charity's Housing Support service may be able to help you if you are aged 16 and over, live in Buckinghamshire and:

  • you have a significant risk of homelessness
  • you are struggling to manage your home independently
  • you need support to start a new tenancy

This free service is run by an independent charity and supported by the council.

You can make a referral online or call them on (freephone) 0808 164 1810.