Unauthorised encampments

Community and Leisure things to do

If you feel the location of an encampment is unlawful:

Contact: Buckinghamshire Gypsy and Traveller service

Tel: 01296 395000

email gypsyandtravellerservice@buckinghamshire.gov.uk

Report an unauthorised site or encampment

Gypsy Traveller - Memorandum of understanding
Unauthorised encampment report process

Information they will need from you

  • The location of the encampment
  • How many caravans are involved
  • Your enquiry or complaint


If a crime is suspected, the Police will investigate any reports of crime and pubic disorder.

To report a non-emergency crime or incident to Thames Valley Police:

  • Always call 999 in an emergency. It's an emergency when a crime is being committed, there's a risk of injury, or there's a risk of serious damage to property
  • If it isn't an emergency but a quick response is needed, call 101

Alternatively please use the online form

Frequently Asked Questions: Please refer to the document at the bottom of this page.