Discretionary Support

If you receive Housing Benefit and / or Council Tax Support but need more help to pay your rent or Council Tax, you may be able to get Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP) and / or Discretionary Local Council Tax Support (DLCTS).

In the majority of cases DHP/DLCTS payments will be short-term emergency funding.

How Do I apply?

In order to get DHP, you must first be entitled to some housing benefit or Universal Credit.
Although DLCTS can be considered if you are not entitled to any Housing Benefit and /or Council Tax Support.

A claim for DHP/DLCTS can be made in writing by you or someone on your behalf.

If you are claiming for assistance and receive Universal Credit then you must provide a copy of your tenancy agreement and Universal Credit award letter.

If you disagree with the amount of DHP/DLCTS you can ask us to look at the decision again. You must e-mail or write to us stating what you disagree with within one month of the date of the decision letter.

If you require assistance in making the application, please e-mail cdcrevenue.csb@buckinghamshire.gov.uk