Go to the new Buckinghamshire Council website

Toggle menu

Coronavirus support and information

Local information on coronavirus including service changes, business support, how to get help and vaccinations.

Will I qualify for benefits?

Will I qualify for benefits


If you live within the area, you can make a claim by completing our online application form. You can start the process by clicking on the button below that says online application.

When the form opens to start the claim process click on the button that says start new form. 

Online application

You should make your claim straight away, as this will normally determine the date from which your benefits will start (we can only backdate a claim one month, if you show good cause for the delay). If you are unable to start the claim yourself you can ask someone to complete the form on your behalf, but we will need to speak to you within a month.

It will help us deal with your claim quickly and efficiently, if you have all the following details to hand when you complete the form. However, if you do not know every answer, still complete the form as fully as you can and we will ask you to provide the missing information within one month.

To receive an estimate on whether you may be entitled to housing and / or council tax support

You will need the following details when you complete the form:

  • full names of everyone in your household, including children or any other adults living with you
  • national insurance numbers for yourself and your partner
  • full details of any money you have coming in. You must tell us about any income you or your partner get
  • information about any savings or investments you or your partner have
  • if you are claiming Housing Benefit, details about your tenancy, the rent you pay and your landlord's name and address.

If you do not know every answer, still complete the form as fully as you can and we will ask you to provide the missing information within one month.

Once you have completed the claim form, you will be given a list of documents required to verify your claim which you must send or bring to the council offices. 

You may be asked to produce the following:

  • 2 forms of identification, for example: birth certificate, passport or driver's licence
  • evidence of your National Insurance number, for example; national insurance number card, payslips or letters from Department for Work and Pensions or the Tax Office
  • evidence that you are resident in the property, for example: a gas or electricity bill or official letter addressed to you
  • proof of your capital and savings, for example: building society books, bank statements or share certificates. These must cover at least the last 2 months
  • proof of your income, for example: your benefit or pension book or award letter
  • if you are employed your most recent two monthly or five weekly payslips
  • if you are self employed, we will require your most recent set of accounts, audited if possible
  • proof of your rent, for example: tenancy agreement or rent book

These documents must be original, we cannot accept photocopies.

Documents can be scanned and sent via e-mail to cdcrevenue.csb@buckinghamshire.gov.uk (please ensure your name and address is quoted).

Alternatively, you can bring the documents into the council offices. Please allow sufficient time for us to scan in your documents.

Opening times are:

Monday - Thursday          9:00am - 5:00pm
Friday                                 9:00am - 4:30pm

Telephone during normal opening hours: 01494 732077