Go to the new Buckinghamshire Council website

Toggle menu

Blocked or Damaged Drains and Sewers

Drains and Sewers

The Council does not have maintenance or repair responsibilities for plumbing or drains other than those serving their own premises.


Responsibility for private drainage lies either with:

  • the property owner;
  • or the sewerage company (Thames Water).

For further advice visit the web page: Who is responsible for drainage?

For issues affecting solely your own property we do not provide recommendations for drainage companies; we would advise that you consult the phone directory for a local business.

Thames Water can be contacted on 0800 316 9800 (Textphone: 0800 316 6899), 24 hours a day or for non-urgent queries you can use the

Thames Water: Online Enquiry Form