Go to the new Buckinghamshire Council website

Toggle menu

Coronavirus support and information

Local information on coronavirus including service changes, business support, how to get help and vaccinations.

Benefits - what happens if I move

It is your responsibility to tell us that you have moved.


If you receive Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support and you are moving into, around or out of the Chiltern area, you can tell us by filling in the Moving in or moving out form.

This form will also be used to update the council tax records so you do not need to tell the Council Tax section separately.

If you are moving into a rented property and claiming Housing Benefit, we will need to see your new tenancy agreement. We may also need you to make an appointment for you to bring in documentation.

Remember to tell us as soon as you know you will be moving, this will stop us overpaying you and will mean you will receive all the benefit you are entitled to.

New Benefit Claim form - If you are new to the area and wish to make a claim for benefit, please complete an  as soon as you can so that you do not lose out on benefit.