Go to the new Buckinghamshire Council website

Toggle menu

Coronavirus support and information

Local information on coronavirus including service changes, business support, how to get help and vaccinations.

Housing and relationship breakdown


This guide looks at the rights of couples whose relationship has broken down. It covers your short- term and long- term rights to remain in the home and explains what options might be available to you. The guide also explains what your options are if your partner is violent or threatens you or your children with violence. Housing issues can be very complex and we strongly recommended that you should seek advice from your local Citizen's Advice Bureau, a solicitor specialising in family law or Buckinghamshire Council's Housing Options Team.

This guide includes basic guidance only. Every situation is different and it is important that you seek individual advice tailored to your personal circumstances.

Our Housing Options Team can give free, confidential advice and can be contacted on (01494) 732013