Apply online for a DBS check
This page is provided for drivers and operators who are required to complete a DBS check. The licensing team now provide and online application process for applying for a DBS certificate. This can either be done at home, with your operator or in the council offices.
To get access to the system, you will need login and password details which can be found below, the service is provided through Chiltern District Council on behalf of South Bucks District Council applicants:
|Organisation Reference: CHILTERN|
The online application form should take no more than ten minutes to complete if you have all information to hand. However, you can't save a part completed form to finish later, so please sure you have all the information you will need before you start. In particular, please note:-
- Details of all your addresses for the last 5 years.
- National insurance number.
- Passport and DVLA licence details.
Apply online - to submit a DBS application.
Once you have completed the online form, you will need to provide the council with three proofs of identity and make the payment of £52.50.
PLEASE NOTE THAT AN APPLICATION FOR A DBS WILL NOT BE SENT OFF UNTIL THE PAYMENT OF £52.50 AND DOCUMENTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED BY THE COUNCIL. IF YOU ARE A NEW DRIVER, YOUR DBS APPLICATION WILL NOT BE SENT OFF UNTIL YOU HAVE MADE AN APPLICATION FOR A LICENCE AND PAID THE RELEVANT FEE.
List of Valid Identity Documents
Group 1 - Primary Trusted Identity Credentials
- Current valid Passport - UK or EEA (or Non-EEA in combination with a Biometric Residence Permit or current Work Permit/Visa)
- Biometric Residence Permit (UK)
- Current Driving Licence (UK) (Full or provisional) Isle of Man /Channel Islands; Photocard only.
- Birth Certificate (UK and Channel Islands) - issued within 12 months of date of birth;
Group 2a - Trusted Government/ State Issued Documents
- Current valid Passport (UK, EEA or Non-EEA)
- Current UK Driving licence (old style paper version)
- Biometric Residence Permit (UK)
- UK or EU National Identity Card
- Birth Certificate (UK and Channel Islands) - issued within 12 months of date of birth
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate (UK and Channel Islands) - issued 12 months after birth
- Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate (UK)
- HM Forces ID Card (UK)
- Firearms Licence (UK)
- Adoption Certificate (UK)
Group 2b - Financial / Social History Documents
- Mortgage Statement (UK) **
- Bank/Building Society Statement (UK) *
- Credit Card Statement (UK) *
- Financial Statement ** - e.g. pension, endowment, ISA (UK) **
- P45/P60 Statement (UK and Channel Islands) **
- Council Tax Statement ( UK and Channel Islands) **
- Work Permit / Visa (UK) (UK Residence Permit) **
- Utility Bill (UK) * - Not Mobile Telephone Bill
- Benefit Statement * - e.g. Child Allowance, Pension
- A document from Central/ Local Government/ Government Agency/ Local Authority giving entitlement (UK and Channel Islands) * - e.g. from the Department for Work and Pensions, the Employment Service, Customs and Revenue, Job Centre, Job Centre Plus, Social Security • EU National ID Card
- Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo
Please Note: If a document in the List of Valid Identity Documents is:
- denoted with * it should be less than three months old
- denoted with ** it should be issued within the past 12 months
- not denoted it can be more than 12 months old
This list is subject to amendment.