Search site
Chiltern District Council
Search site

Benefits - what happens if I move

It is your responsibility to tell us that you have moved.

If you receive Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support and you are moving into, around or out of the Chiltern District area, you can tell us by filling in the moving in or out form found to the right of this screen.

This form will also be used to update the council tax records so you do not need to tell the Council Tax section separately.

If you are moving into a rented property and claiming Housing Benefit, we will need to see your new tenancy agreement. We may also need you to make an appointment to the council offices for you to bring in documentation.

Remember to tell us as soon as you know you will be moving, this will stop us overpaying you and will mean you will receive all the benefit you are entitled to.

If you are new to the area and wish to make a claim for benefit, please call us as soon as you can on 01494 732077 so that you do not lose out on benefit.