Financial information 2018-2019

The following leaflets and links provide an explanation of your council tax bill for the 2018-2019 financial year

We have had a number of queries from the public about this year's Council Tax bills and how it adds up to the overall percentage change shown on the bill.

Current regulations allow County Councils to increase their precept by up to (but not including) 6%, as long as 3% of this increase is ring-fenced for spending on Adult Social Care. So, the amount shown on the bill for Adult Social Care Precept should be added to the amount for Buckinghamshire County Council. The total amount in respect of Buckinghamshire County Council then be an increase of 5.99% (or rounded to 6% on your bill) on last year's charge.

For example for a Band D property:

The Council Tax bill from BCC for 2017/18 was a total of £1,218.08; which consisted of £57.12 ring-fenced for Adult Social Care.

In 2018/19, the BCC element of this bill will be £1,291.04, an increase of £72.96 or 5.99%.

This increase is made up of 3% Adult Social Care amounting to £36.54, and remaining 2.99% increase of £36.42 amounting to a total increase of £72.96 or 5.99%.

Downloadable leaflets

Icon for pdf Council Tax financial information 2018/2019 [288.94KB]

Icon for pdf Thames Valley Police Leaflet 2018-2019 [1.58MB]

Links to External Sites

Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue - Council tax information 2018-19
Police and Crime Commissioner for Thames Valley
Buckinghamshire County Council - Financial information 2018-2019
Adult Social Care - Explained