Search site
Chiltern District Council
Search site

Bulky collections for large items

We provide a service for the collection of bulky household items e.g. old furniture, cookers, fridges, beds etc.

All electrical items collected in this service will be recycled, all other items are currently landfilled. Please make sure to contact your local charity to see if your old furniture can be re-used. Good quality, old furniture can be donated to High Wycombe Central Aid Society    Tel: 01494 443459 or try the Furniture Re-use Network for more local charities. Auction sites are also a great way to re-use your furniture - remember one man's waste is another man's treasure

1 - 3 items£36.00
4 - 6 items£72.00
7 - 9 items£108.00

Pay for bulky waste collections

A maximum of 9 items will be collected. You can arrange this using the link to the right or by calling the Waste Team on 01494 586550

Please be aware that once your bulky collection is booked, we cannot change the collection items or the appointment day. Cancellations with full refund can be made up until 1pm on the Friday prior to your bulky collection date.  We will not be able to refund any cancellations made after this cut-off time.

If you are in receipt of income-related benefits, this service is subsidised resulting in a charge of £15.00 for 1 to 3 items, £30.00 for 4 to 6 items and £45 for 7 to 9 items. Please note, you will need to provide us with your NI (National Insurance) number to process this. Please call 01494 586550 to arrange this service.

We will contact you to advise when the booking is scheduled to take place. All Items must be left outside the property for collection, as the contractors are not insured to enter buildings. Please ensure there is access to the items at all times in this period.

Please note that items that can be fitted into a black sack/wheeled bin can be put out for your normal waste collection. All electrical items are not suitable for crushing in a refuse vehicle and should not be put out for normal refuse collections.

All household waste, including fridges and freezers, can be taken to the Household Recycling Centres  for disposal free of charge.

Items we cannot collect

We cannot collect pianos, garden waste, motor vehicle parts, asbestos or waste from construction and demolition works.

Construction or demolition waste, even if it is generated at home, is classified by the Controlled Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2012 as Industrial Waste. As a Waste Collection Authority we do not have a duty to collect industrial waste.  

Examples of construction and demolition waste from households could include:

  • doors and windows

  • fitted kitchens

  • bathroom fittings

  • boilers

  • storage heaters

  • fitted wardrobes

  • inert material such as rubble, concrete, bricks and roof tiles

  • plasterboard

  • soil from landscaping activities; and

  • any other building materials.

However, we understand that such waste can be generated by householders and they therefore need to dispose of it.  These items can be disposed of at your local Household Recycling Centres

In addition, if waste is generated within a residential home or garden, but as a result of a business activity (for example building waste as a result of removing a fitted kitchen), it is defined as Commercial Waste and therefore subject to regulation as Commercial Waste. Guidance on disposing Commercial Waste can be found on the website