Waste and Recycling News
We are currently experiencing a high volume of telephone enquiries to our waste service, resulting in some delays in answering calls.
We apologise if you have had difficulty in calling us, and we will continue to do our very best to provide the high quality of customer care our residents deserve.
It may be helpful to look on our website for the information you are looking for - please follow the Waste and Recycling links.
Or check the calendars provided with your new containers for collection dates.
New waste service
Your new waste and recycling collection service began on Monday 15th July. Please refer to your new collection calendar for information on your first collection day. This will provide improved kerbside collections for all households with separate weekly food waste collections. The aim of this service is to reduce costs by avoiding waste being sent to landfill, which is harmful to the environment.
Your collection day may change. Please refer to your new collection calendar.
We have delivered suites of new waste containers to approximately 38,000 households and will continue to make bin exchanges where smaller wheeled bins have already been requested. If you have not received any new containers please contact the Joint Waste Team on 01494 586550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Residents can now start using all of their new waste containers, which will include the following -
- Recycling of cans, plastics, glass and cartons - alternate weeks (blue wheeled bin or blue reusable bags)
- Paper and cardboard recycling- alternate weeks (green or black box)
- Textile and shoe recycling - to be presented on your recycling week collection day as and when required (red sacks)
- Recycling of household batteries - to be presented on your recycling week collection day as and when required (small clear bags which will be delivered at a later date)
- Weekly food waste collection (brown food waste bin)
- An optional garden waste collection (green wheeled bin or green reusable bags) to which residents can subscribe for £35 a year. You can subscribe online subscribe to garden waste collection , or call the Joint Waste Team on 01494 586 550
- General household rubbish (non-recyclable waste) - alternate weeks (black wheeled bin or purple sacks)
The new waste collection rounds may take longer than usual as the crews get used to the new way of working. Please be aware that the time of your collection may well have changed. If you think that your collection may have been missed, please wait until the next day before reporting it to us. During these early weeks, we will not be able to record your missed collection until the next day.
Bin / box size, colour and dimensions
Garden Waste Bin
Outdoor Food Waste Bin
Litres of capacity
If you would like to receive email alerts about any changes to your service or for any new scheme, please fill out the form below to receive email alerts
If you have any other queries or questions relating to your waste collections please call 01494 586550 or email email@example.com