Amersham Charter Fair: Monday 19 - Wednesday 21 September 2016
Due to the fair this week, access to some roads will be restricted. Residents of The High Street, Broadway, Forge End and Thornhill Close, who usually receive a collection on Tuesday20 September, will have their collection on Wednesday 21 September this week instead. This will be a one off day change, and collections will return to a Tuesday the following week.
We thank you for your co-operation in this matter and apologise for any inconvenience caused.
If your blue bin has not been emptied it may be because it contains the wrong items. Our crews have all been trained on what can and what cannot go into each bin. We have found that the most common reasons why bins are rejected, are as follows:
- Paper & cardboard in the blue bin (please use the green or black paper box)
- Bagging recycling in plastic bags (please keep it all loose)
- Putting hard/stiff plastics in the blue bin i.e. toys, plant pots, washing up bowls
- Plastic / cellophane wrapping in the blue bin
- Biscuit and sweet wrappers in the blue bin
- Polystyrene in the blue bin
If your bin contains the wrong items, we kindly ask that these items are removed, so that we may empty your bin on the next scheduled collection day. Crews will not return before the next scheduled collection day to empty a bin that contained the wrong items.
For more details on the types of materials that can be put in to the blue bin please visit the Mixed recycling page.