Leaf fall clearance
The Joint Waste Team operates a dedicated leaf clearance programme throughout November and December.
Streets and footpaths are scheduled to be cleared according to their needs with priority given to streets and footpaths with a large number of mature trees and areas with a high pedestrian use.
Please be patient if there has been a rapid fall of leaves during windy weather, unfortunately it is not possible to sweep every street immediately.
However, if you believe accumulations of fallen leaves are causing a danger, or slip hazard please report the issue to us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
If your blue bin has not been emptied it may be because it contains the wrong items. Our crews have all been trained on what can and what cannot go into each bin. We have found that the most common reasons why bins are rejected, are as follows:
- Paper & cardboard in the blue bin (please use the green or black paper box)
- Bagging recycling in plastic bags (please keep it all loose)
- Putting hard/stiff plastics in the blue bin i.e. toys, plant pots, washing up bowls
- Plastic / cellophane wrapping in the blue bin
- Biscuit and sweet wrappers in the blue bin
- Polystyrene in the blue bin
If your bin contains the wrong items, we kindly ask that these items are removed, so that we may empty your bin on the next scheduled collection day. Crews will not return before the next scheduled collection day to empty a bin that contained the wrong items.
For more details on the types of materials that can be put in to the blue bin please visit the Mixed recycling page.