If your blue bin has not been emptied it may be because it contains the wrong items. Our crews have all been trained on what can and what cannot go into each bin. We have found that the most common reasons why bins are rejected, are as follows:
• Paper & cardboard in the blue bin (please use the green or black paper box)
• Bagging recycling in plastic bags (please keep it all loose)
• Putting hard/stiff plastics in the blue bin i.e. toys, plant pots, washing up bowels
• Plastic / cellophane wrapping in the blue bin
• Biscuit and sweet wrappers in the blue bin
• Polystyrene in the blue bin
If your bin contains the wrong items, we kindly ask that these items are removed, so that we may empty your bin on the next scheduled collection day.
For more details on the types of materials that can be put in to the blue bin please visit the Mixed recycling page.
Recycling guide and calendar
We have received reports that a limited number of residents have received the wrong recycling guide and calendar due to an error on our database.
If you believe you have received the wrong recycling guide and calendar, please continue to present your waste and recycling on your normal collection day and email firstname.lastname@example.org to report the error.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.