Report an abandoned vehicle
We will only remove vehicles if they have been abandoned by their owner.
Untaxed vehicles should be reported to the DVLA report an untaxed vehicle
Vehicles causing an obstruction, nuisance or hazard should be reported to the police on 101.
1. Check that the vehicle meets one or more of the following criteria
- untaxed and not in use
- no MOT
- no current registered keeper
- significantly damaged, or un-roadworthy
- vandalised, e.g. broken windows, flat tyres, lacking number plates, contains waste
- burnt out
- stationary for a significant amount of time (3 weeks or more)
2. Gather information about the vehicle, including:
- make and model
- how long the vehicle has been there
3. Complete our online form - contact details are required
- to avoid damage, we do not sticker vehicles until all checks have been made
- removal of abandoned vehicles can take several weeks.
- we will not remove abandoned vehicles if the cost of moving the vehicle to the nearest highway is unreasonably high
- we will investigate cases of businesses illegally selling or repairing vehicles on the highway